Monday, February 7, 2011

My Blackboard

I will stop doing my childrens' homework when they get to college.


I will not speak to my Boomer friends about what Twitter does or does not do.

I will try to remember that I am a person and not just a brand.

I will no longer try to figure out why we champion democracy, except where/when we don't.

I will admit that residential real estate is not of this world despite use of the term real.

I will forget that the Super Bowl is just a 4-hr Fox-GOP commercial in which a game is played.

I will continue to buy and eat thinly sliced baloney whenever possible.

I will remember that "senior" means high school or college, and "retire" is what to do to a vehicle.

I will wear a coat and tie whenever I damn well feel like it.
I will stop trying to get others in my family to change the oil.
I will continue eating Brussels sprouts despite unpleasant childhood memories of same.
I will dream of the day when I no longer need to shovel, sand, and salt every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment