Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Asking



The ones who seem to know You best say,
as a matter of faith, that You never give anyone
more than they can handle.
But, just lately, I've been respectfully wondering:
how do You measure it, exactly?
Is there a Tailors' Union there?
A Heavenly Corps of Engineers?
Does the measuring helper ever go on vacation?

Just Asking.

The doctor today, who took that snip
near my ear to test? The one who,
seeing my concern, remarked, "You
look like a lucky guy." Oy.
Could you please pay special attention
to him. He may need some help.

Carl, the consultant who asked me to make a
job-proposal to him last December.
Is he up there with You?
I can't find him anywhere and
he never responds to my emails or calls.
If You have him, please ask if he liked
the proposal, just so I know, and see if
he left someone new behind to ignore my calls?

Just Asking.

And, the two women who phone-interviewed
me in April? Did they both lose their jobs?
They might have, because neither of them
ever respond. Please help them get their
messages returned, when they begin to interview.

Golfers say that even You can't hit a one-iron,
and, this next request is also extreme, but any possibility
that You could help me understand the
residential real estate business better?

Just Asking.

Thanks for beginning to mend
my Darling Girl's heart.
Does her asking me to Friend her
on Facebook mean that I may have
to wash the dog alone next time,
remember where I put things now,
fix the ceiling where the AC leaked, and
try to refrain from being funny about serious stuff?

Just keep it all coming, but please
think about that measuring thing.
And, say hello to St. Alan Watts, who said:
" There is nothing anyone can do
to be anyone else than who they are,
or to feel any other way
than the way they feel at the moment."

Which is a pretty good thing to be

Just saying.


Ed Note: Still The Mind, by Alan Watts, New World Library, will not explain the BP spill, Greek debt, the mortgage mess, dippy CEO's or anything else for that matter. It will not make you wiser, richer, or funnier. But, it will please you in a quite remarkable way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment