Friday, August 14, 2009

Hey! Mr. Healthcare Man*

Hey! Mr. Healthcare Man, protect my co-pay,
I'm bewildered 'bout the place you think we're goin' to.
Hey! Mrs. Healthcare 'Mam, how can so much be free?
All my jingle-jangle coins will soon be followin' you.

Though I know the Healthcare empire's made of sinking sand,
making Doctors vanish across the land,
Leaving us near-broke right where we stand and wetly weeping.
Our weariness is contagious, tries to brand us with defeat,
By premiums we can't meet,
We feel so ancient, clogged, in dread we might quit dreaming.

Hey! Mr. Healthcare Man please lighten costs for me,
I'm half sleepy cause generics are just so-so.
Hey Mrs. Healthcare 'Mam find me a sweet nursie,
Before even more jingle-jangle goes to Goldman too.

Take me on a ride upon your magic deficit ship,
My cents and dollars stripped, my hands empty of tips,
My toes count ten trill debt,
I wait only for bankruptcy lawyers calling.
I'm ready to hide anywhere, as hope for sanity fades
Into clinic line parades, spelling waste and a huge charade,
Stale ideas are taking us further under.

Hey! Mr. Healthcare Man, spell it out for me.
I'm weary, but there's still a place to take me to.
Hey! Mrs Healthcare 'Mam, think simpicity,
Affordability and I'll come followin' you.

Though we might hear Media spinners, howlin' git yer guns
From their frothy millionaire gums, their aims are really dumb,
But stop your pie in the sky and all this racing!
And if you persist with vague traces and no ideas that rhyme,
Don't get healthcare more sublime, then these ragged clowns behind
We don't want to pay any mind
Won't be shadows, but a real force that you'll be chasin'

Hey! Mr. Healthcare Man play much sweeter for me
You're making me sleepy, though I want follow you.
Hey! Mrs. Healthcare 'Mam leave behind that dull D.C.
On that jingle-jangle morning I'll come followin you.





*Apologies To Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment